- What is Statistics? <link>
- First Data Collection Activity <link>
- Learning Target: What are the benefits of working hard by taking this course.
- See these Examples <link>Choose a College/University and a majorFind out if the major at that school requires any math courses.
Also see if there are General Education Requirements that student need to satisfy.
Create a Google document for this information, but do not share it with me. I’ll show you how to “turn it in” tomorrow.
This work will be due by next Tuesday
- Sign your Course Expectations
- Learning Target: We will be able to identify a variable and classify it as a quantitative variable and as a categorical variable.
The rest of class:
- Learning Target: We will be able to use a spreadsheet to make some graphs for different kinds of data.
- Working with Google Sheets and our data <link> from yesterday.
Graded Work: You will choose one variable from the data and create a graph to display some aspect of the the data. I’ll show you how to turn this in tomorrow.
In Canvas>Modules>Week 1 ending 9/3> MOM Types of Variables assignment Due by Tuesday by 1:30 pm
- We will be able to make a post in a Canvas Forum including how to display an image.
- We will be able to analyze a report by identifying the Who, What, When, Where, How and Why of it all
Logging in Canvas joining this year’s class. I’ll walk you through this.
Make a Canvas forum post online. (See Canvas Week 1)
Completing the 5 – W’s assignment (See Canvas Week 1)
This work if you are not finished. Due by the end of the day Tuesday (9/7 @ 2:30)
What is due:
- Course Expectations Sign-off (25 points Formative)
- Canvas>Benefits of working hard this year and taking Challenging Courses discussion forum post (25 points formative)
- Canvas>Week 1> MOM Types of Variables (25 points formative)
- Learning Target: We will be able to make a post in a Canvas Forum including how to display an image. Canvas Discussion forum Post (25 points Formative)
- Learning Target: We will be able to analyze a report by identifying the Who, What, When, Where, How and Why of it all>Canvas Discussion forum Post (50 points Summative)