Continued from Friday
Learning Target: We will be able to solve absolute value equations and inequalities graphically and algebraically.
Lippman p 153-154 1-25 odds
Optional MOM Section 2.5 (See Canvas)
Anything you have not completed.
Optional Quiz on Chapter 2 work in Canvas.
There will be an optional paper based quiz available during Callback or after school this week. let me know if you want to try it.
I’ll test you again during Week 11 (Probably Wednesday 11/6 or Thursday 11/7) and it will include some chapter 3 material.
I have a Faculty meeting tonight and won’t be available until 3:30.
- We will be able to identify power functions given an equation or a graph.
- We will be able to identify the coefficients, terms and degree of power functions
- We will be able to describe long run and short run behavior of power functions
We’ll do some notes in class
Then do the Section 3.1 exercises in the Notebook packet. (page 6) These are due by Thursday classtime.
There is also a Canvas MOM Section 3.1 exercise set if you want it included in your grade.
The optional Chapter 2 quizzes.
- We will be be able to create an equations for a quadratic function given a graph or key features.
- We will be able to find x -intercepts by factoring, using the quadratic formula and graphically
HO + Notes
Section 3.2 exercises out of the notes packet (pages 14-19)
This week’s work
Next Monday/Tuesday will be prep for a quiz. See Notebook Practice quiz and the answers <link>