- In class paper and pencil quiz assessing:
I can evaluate limits using the Rule of 4.
I can evaluate limits at ? and interpret the result.
For Tuesday, watch and take notes this video on section 2.3. Use Mr Leckie’s notes packet
We will review the quiz from yesterday
- I can identify the following types of discontinuities: Point removable, Jump, Oscillating,
- For a point removable discontinuity,I can remove the discontinuity and write an extended function so the function is continuous.
You did watch the video?
Working on FDWK Section 2.3. Due by Class-time Thursday.
Spot check Section 2.3 HW for completeness.
- I can find an average rate of change and can explain how it is related to the slope of a secant line.
- I can find an instantaneous rate of change and can explain how it is related to the slope of a tangent line.
- I can find the slope of a line Normal to a curve (you already know how to do this, just not in the calculus context)
We’ll look at some of this in class. If you like Mr Leckie’s style, here is his Sec 2.4 video. You do not need to watch this.
Working on FDWK Section 2.4. You’ll have today/Friday and the weekend to finish this work. Monday we can have ending questions and start reviewing for the Chapter Exam (I am pushing for Thursday 9/23). On Friday 10/24 Chrissy Grant from WMCC will ZOOM in with us about Running Start. Just so you know, you are keeping up with Fall 2017, the last time this course ran. Nice job!