Learning Target: We will be able to solve absolute value equations and inequalities graphically and algebraically.
Lippman p 153-154 1-25 odds
Optional MOM Section 2.5 (See Canvas)
The 50 point Forms of linear function work (Due today)
MOM Arithmetic Sequences
Fall Quiz 1 on Linear functions and Arithmetic Sequences and series.
MOM Sec 2.5 (ABS graphs/equations/inequalities
- I can identify power functions given an equation or a graph.
- I can identify the coefficients, terms and degree of power functions
- I can describe long run and short run behavior of power functions
In case you are absent, here is a video for the Notes packet p 1-4 link
Book work Section 3.1 Notes pkt p 6
You can find the answers here <PDF>
There is also a MOM Section 3.1 in Canvas
Try to have those p 6 exercises completed. We will be looking at the next section in class.
- I am able to create an equation for a quadratic function given a graph or key features.
- I am able to find x -intercepts by factoring, using the quadratic formula and graphically
We will do what we can during class. If we can’t get through it all, finish the notes with this video
Complete Notes Packet p 14, 17 and 19. Here are the answers
Work on the MOM Sec 3.2 exercise set.