No School for You!
- What is Statistics? <link>
- How will taking this course help you?
- First Data Collection Activity <link>
- Sign your Course Expectations
- Learning Target: We will be able to identify a variable and classify it as a quantitative variable and as a categorical variable.
- HO: Due Tuesday @ the start of class.
The rest of class:
- Learning Target: We will be able to use a spreadsheet to make some graphs for different kinds of data.
- Working with Google Sheets and our data <link> from yesterday.
Graded Work: You will choose one variable from the data and create a graph to display some aspect of the the data. I’ll show you how to turn this in tomorrow.
- We will be able to make a post in a Moodle Forum including how to display an image.
- We will be able to analyze a report by identifying the Who, What, When, Where, How and Why of it all
Creating a Moodle account <link>
Make a Moodle forum post and using https://imgur.com/ to get an image online.
Completing the 5 – W’s assignment
This work if you are not finished. Due by the end of the day Wednesday (9/5 @ 2:30)
Assignments Week 1 ending 8/31
|Monday||No School for you|
|Tuesday||No School for you|
Growth vs Fixed Mind Set Inventory + Tweet.
Learning target: I can apply the order of operations to arithmetic expressions (I am hoping this is ridiculously easy, but some of my Summer College Precalculus students were having trouble with OOp.
The Number Challenges.
You need to be able to log onto your Oxbow Gmail account.
|Monday||No school for you|
|Tuesday||No school for you|
Learning Target: We will be able to use a job search web site to find a job and complete a job application.
Find a Job Activity <link> (25 points)
Complete a job application <link> (25 points)
Welcome back to school!
- Growth vs Fixed Mind Set Inventory
- Front Page of INB
- Read Course Expectations and sign/get signed and return last page by Tuesday 9/4
- Complete the Who am I sheet. Due Friday. Make sure to include 2 people you like working with and if there are two people you will refuse to work with.
- Logging onto the Chromebooks
- Personality Test <Link> and finish the Front Page of INB
- If need to know your Hogwarts House <link>. This is meant to be fun so if you would rather not participate with this information, write in NA
- Course Expectaions
- Who am I sheet
Due: Who am I?
- Learning Target: I can correctly apply the order of operations.
- Finishing the Number Challenges.
- Simplifying an arithmetic expression using OOps
- Course Expectations sign off is due Tuesday
You should have received your Summer Review packet. You need to complete this and turn it in on the first day of school 8/29.
Here is a PDF copy in case you have missed place the one I gave you
If you get stuck and want to earn some self help, sign into KhanAcademy and then try these review lessons:
Make sure to “Join” the Summer AP Review Course:
AP Calculus AB
Summer Math Review Skills Sets for students going into AP Calculus AB.
Select an assignment from below and you will be directed to the Khan Academy Web Site. When there, make sure to log in with your google email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Systems of Equations and Inequalities
Spot check Sec 4.2 and 4.3 bookwork
Why do you need Health Insurance?
Google the following to find out the cost of these events:
- The cost of getting sutures for a cut.
- The cost of a strep throat check+ the antibiotic to treat a positive test.
- The cost of a broken finger
- Cost of a broken arm
- Cost of being in a car accident and sustaining internal injures to yourself.
- Cost of an annual physical
- Cost of repairing your teeth after being hit with a baseball in your mouth
- Cost of an emergency room visit after stepping on a board with a rusty old nail sticking up and it goes through your foot.
- Cost of an emergency room visit after an insect hits you in the eye and scratches your eyeball as you drive down the road.
- Cost of a doctor’s office visit + antibiotics to treat a Sinus infections (aka Sinusitis)
- Cost of a doctor’s office visit + antibiotics to treat Urinary Tract Infections
- Cost of an emergency room for a broken foot
- Cost of an emergency room visit after spraining an ankle.
- Cost of a pregnancy
- Cost of an emergency room visit for a concussion
- Cost of an office visit to help treat a bad migraine
Submit what you find here <link>
Learning Target: We will gain familiarity with health insurance terminology
Go to this link: http://www.studystack.com/flashcard-630353
Get some practice and take the quiz. Show me the results.
How much will Health Insurance cost you once you are off your parent’s health insurance ( after age 26)? <link>
Go outside and swim. If you are bored, go check this out <link> If you are really bored but feel creative, make your own Dickie Goodman style news report and share it back with me.
Your grade will be determined by:
You used no more than 25% linear functions
You used at least 4 other transformed toolkit functions.
You providing me with a link to your work by November 20th using this <link>
Here is my name <link>
and Amelia’s <link>
Here are the links to last year’s submissions:
Here are graphs from Fall 2016
Here are the ones from 2015:
These are the results from an assignment for my H Precalculus (Fall 2014) course where they had to use piece-wise defined functions to graph their name. They had not yet studied polynomials in PC.