Mad Minute Factoring
Learning Target: You will be able to identify concavity, recognize max/min values and be able to state when a function is increasing/decreasing.
Notes in Packet
Complete Sec 1-3 exercises: 21-40
- Watch this video for Thursday and take notes in the Section 1.4 packet.
- The exercises assigned
- Problem set 1 Due ThursdayPS 1 due Thursday
Learning Target: I can find the average rate of change of a function
Notes and complete exercises 1 – 19
- These assigned exercises.
- PS 1
- The video and notes for Thursday
If you are finished with the paper exercises, in Moodle you will see the MOM sec 1.3 exercises. These are due by classtime on Monday
- PS 1 is collected at the beginning of class.
- Spot check video notes
- Unresolved questions
Learning Target: We will be able to evaluate a function that depends on the result of another function using graphs and tables (Working with composition of functions)
- Notebook Section 1.4 exercises
- If you are ready there are MOM exercises also.
- Anything that you do not have finished
- PS 2 Due 9/27 at the start of class
No class due to Assembly
Monday will be a work day
Finishing Sec 1.2
Working on the two Moodle>MOM assignments
Anything that you do not have completed.
In Moodle>Chapter 1 there are a couple of optional online tests on these two sections. If you want these grades transferred to MMS, let me know. Attempting them even if you do not want to finish them would be a good way to study.
You are taking a paper an pencil test on Thursday.
Another work day
Review activity in class
Study for the test. Make a sheet of notes if you desire (8.5 by 11 dbl sided)
Paper and pencil test. Timed. You need to finish it during the class period. You may start early if you are in the room.
The optional tests if you desre
Problem Set 1 Due 9/20 at the start of class.
In Class: Section 1.3
Assignments Week 1 ending 8/31
||No School for you
||No School for you
Growth vs Fixed Mind Set Inventory + Tweet.
Learning target: I can apply the order of operations to arithmetic expressions (I am hoping this is ridiculously easy, but some of my Summer College Precalculus students were having trouble with OOp.
The Number Challenges.
- Go to http://danlemay.net >Precalculus> and leave a comment so I know you can navigate there. (Use your First Name Last Initial) Due Friday 9/1
- Get the PreCalculus F 2018 Course Expectations signed. Due Tuesday 9/4
- By Tuesday 9/4 Watch this video <link> and complete the Notes <link>
- Building a toolkit
- See Toolkit functions key
- Learning Target: We will be able to identify transformed functions by the name of the toolkit function
You need to be able to log onto your Oxbow Gmail account.
- Set up your Moodle Account. See <Link>
- Complete Intro Assignment.
- College Gen Ed Requirements
- See Wednesday
- Finish Moodle>MOM Intro Assignment
- For Monday Watch the video and take notes. See Wednesday.
Go outside and swim. If you are bored, go check this out <link> If you are really bored but feel creative, make your own Dickie Goodman style news report and share it back with me.