Monday No School
- You need to create some data. For this week, I want you to create a google spreadsheet In your spreadsheet, create the following data. You can make this up off the top of your head, find lists online, collect data from individuals. You need:30 individuals or subjects. Why a sample of size of 30? Hold that thought…….The data you need is
Copy the Share link (anyone with link can view) and submit the URL in Canvas>Week 2 ending 9/8>Your collected data. Due by Friday. 9/8. I’ll allow the rest of today to work on this.Here is my google sheet example <link>
- a Qualitative (categorical) variable that is “nominal” (a name or identifier)
- a Qualitative (categorical) that is “ordinal” (can be counted).
- a Quantitative, Discrete variable
- a Quantitative, Continuous variable
- Learning Target: We will be able to analyze a report by identifying the Who, What, When, Where, How and Why of it all>
Graded. We will look at my work as an example
Canvas Discussion forum Post (50 points Summative) due by Friday 9/8
Work day to get these two assignments completed.
Learning Target: I can conduct a SRS, A Stratified SRS, A Systematic and a Cluster sample.
We’ll watch an Against all Odds video to see actual examples
You’ll take notes for each of the 4 types
Graded work: You will show us how to conduct each kind of sample using your collect data.
You can either do this in person or create a Discussion forum post